In the middle of Kolding stands the castle of Koldinghus, which is the last royal castle in Jutland. In 1268 the Danish king build a castle to guard the border between the kingdom of Denmark and the duchy of Schleswig. The oldest preserved parts of Koldinghus is the north side, which was build by king Christoffer of Bayern, who reign from 1481-1513. The last two sides, the south and eastern side, was build by king Christian the 3th. The giant tower was build when Christian the 4th became king in 1588. Around year 1720 king Frederik the 4th did rebuilt Koldinghus to what we know today. Perhaps the biggest reason why people visit the Koldinghus Castle is to see the Kongernes Samling or the Royal Collection. Koldinghus is one of three castles that holds different exhibits of the royal family. They are always changing what they have to offer, so it is definitely a great place to revisit if you are interested in the Danish royal family. There are many great paintings, clothes, weapons, and more within the castle. In this place the visitor can also dress up for a day as a courtier or enjoy a game of skittles (a kind of bowling of the Middle Ages), living interactively in the days of the court of King Charles IV.