Back

Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc Wine

  • Abruzzo, Italia
  •  
  • 0
  • 31 views

Share

icon rules
Distance
0
icon time machine
Duration
Duration
icon place marker
Type
Vini
icon translator
Hosted in
Inglese

Description

Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc is a white wine for meals, also produced in the Riserva style, with at least three years of aging It is a typical wine of the Abruzzi region, produced in the provinces of Chieti, L'Aquila, Pescara, Teramo. Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc is produced with Trebbiano d'Abruzzo (Bombino Bianco) and Trebbiano Toscano grapes with the possible addition of other local grapes for a maximum of 15%. Provinces: Chieti, L'Aquila, Pescara, Teramo The production area includes 60 municipalities of the province of Chieti, 37 of L'Aquila, 39 of Pescara and 38 of Teramo. The base of the grape is Trebbiano with at least 85%. Other local white grapes can be used for the remaining 15%. It is a wine for the whole meal, especially indicated with seafood appetizers, delicate soups, fish soups in white, even boiled and roasted white meats. The etymology of the name Trebbiano, is not easy to find out, Pliny, in his ''Natural History'', writes about a ''Trebulanum'' coming from Campania and then imported in Abruzzi. This wine, which during the period of the Roman empire, was scarcely successful among refined drinkers, so much to be called the wine of soldiers, is today one of the most renowned and appreciated Italian wines. On the other hand, the lands of Abruzzi, as remembered by the Latin poet Ovid, a native of Sulmona, have always been generous of grapes and fine wines. Characteristics of Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc wine Denomination: Doc Type of wine: Dry still Color: straw yellow, also golden Bouquet: vinous, pleasant, of wild flowers Taste: dry, harmonious, flowing fabric Grapes used: Trebbiano d'Abruzzo, Trebbiano Toscano Aging: - Alcohol content: 11,5 Serving temperature: 8 - 12°C Organoleptic properties of Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc wine Trebbiano d'Abruzzo has a straw yellow color; a pleasing vinous aroma, delicately scented; a dry, sapid, velvety, harmonic flavor; minimum alcohol content is 11% vol. Production Area of Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc Wine The production area of Trebbiano d'Abruzzo includes the territorial circumscription of the Abruzzi region and specifically the hilly or highland territories, whose altitude does not exceed 500 meters above sea level and, exceptionally, 600 meters for those exposed to the south, as well as those sloping towards the sea, with the exclusion of humid valleys. Food Matching with Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc Wine Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc wine is a white wine which can be matched well with first courses in broth and in particular legumes soups. Trebbiano d'Abruzzo should be served at a temperature of about 10°, 12° C in glasses for young white wines. The best period of consumption is within one year from harvesting. It goes well with fish, egg dishes, cheese such as incanestrato, scamorza cheese and spelt soup. Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Doc Wine Label Every label must include the mention of Denominazione di Origine Controllata (Denomination of Controlled Origin) as well as all the other indications required by law, such as: Determined region where the product comes from; Denomination of the product made up of the combination of the vine variety where the wine comes from and the geographical area where this variety is cultivated; Nominal volume of the wine; Name or company name and headquarters of the bottler; Bottler's number and code, which can also appear on the closure system (cork or capsule) Name of the State; Lot indication; Ecological indications.

image map
footer bg