A museum that looks at women in a different way, far from any cliché. As far back as 1309, women were in charge here. This is where the former convent of the Poor Clares is located on the Wheatplatz in Merano. Although the imposing building was used for secular purposes in the 18th century, on the one hand the magnificent cloisters on the ground floor keep the memory of the women of the convent alive, and on the other the Merano Women's Museum has been occupying the top floor of the building for several years. The bright, elongated exhibition hall of the Merano Women's Museum is bordered on both sides by large display cases, which cleverly keep the thematic exhibits separated. Naturally, everything revolves around women and femininity. Here you can admire Europe's most comprehensive collection of women's clothing and accessories from the period between 1820 and 1990. In addition to the permanent exhibition on beauty ideals, women's roles and women and work, special exhibitions and readings are also organized. A library on specifically feminine topics is continually updated.