The whole construction consists of two buildings separated by function, but structurally linked, becoming together with the Castle of medieval origins the landmark of Oliveto Citra. Lastly, we note that the earthquake of 1688 caused the destruction of the church of the Scalelle, but saw the rebuilding of the medieval Castle (XII century) in the highest area, as well as the presumed construction of the Clock Tower. Currently the global image of the object of intervention, presents the lower part bastionata dating back to medieval times. The main facade of the Bell Tower with the Tower, pour their most interesting image on the square below, destination of pilgrims visiting the "Madonna del Castello". The Clock Tower, and in particular the Bell Tower, have undergone various consolidation interventions over time, the last in order of time following the earthquake of 23/11/1980.