RSS   Help?
add movie content
Back

Meloria Lighthouses

  • Torre della Meloria, 57123 Livorno LI, Italia
  •  
  • 0
  • 44 views

Share

icon rules
Distance
0
icon time machine
Duration
Duration
icon place marker
Type
Fari
icon translator
Hosted in
Inglese

Description

The two lighthouses were built by the Italian Navy between 1950 and 1960 for the night lighting of the insidious shoals to the boats in transit in the marine tract to the north and south. Previously there was a trellis lighthouse with a hexagonal lantern next to the historic Torre della Meloria, which was activated in 1867 and was no longer considered suitable for illuminating the entire area of the shoals. The infrastructure of the northern lighthouse consists of a white tower with a circular section, 18 meters high, with an internal gallery, culminating in a terrace on which rests the lantern gray metal tiburium, also circular, flanked by solar panels that allow the power supply. The infrastructure of the southern lighthouse consists of a tower with a circular section, painted black in the lower part and yellow in the upper one, 18 meters high, with an internal gallery, culminating with a terrace on which rests the lantern's cupola of gray metal, also a circular section, flanked on the southern sector by the solar panel that allows the power supply.

image map
footer bg