RSS   Help?
add movie content
Back

Ferdinandea Fountain of the "Four F ...

  • Piazza Benedetto XIII, 70024 Gravina in Puglia BA, Italia
  •  
  • 0
  • 65 views

Share

icon rules
Distance
0
icon time machine
Duration
Duration
icon place marker
Type
Fontane, Piazze e Ponti
icon translator
Hosted in
Inglese

Description

Inaugurated in 1778, during the reign of Ferdinand IV of Bourbon, it was built by Domenico Amedeo Orsini, cardinal and duke of Gravina, to give the city a greater water supply, using the water from the Pozzo Pateo spring. Collapsed in 1858 for subsidence of the underlying floor, it was rebuilt in the current structure and an epigraph, always of 1858 remembers the event giving us the name of the architect Gaetano De Tommaso and of the then mayor Giuseppe Palmieri. When the feeding spring ran out, it was reactivated in 1927 under the fascist government, using the waters of the Sele river. The fountain is still working and is located in Piazza Notar Domenico, in the monumental heart of the historical center.

image map
footer bg